Expat Welcome Center
Expat Center East Netherlands has a Welcome Center at the “Stadskantoor” of Enschede. Here we help the just arrived expat with all the formalities that have to be taken care of together with the Immigration Service (IND) and municipality. This way we make the arrival as smooth as possible.
The expat does not have to travel between the offices of the different immigration authorities. He or she can collect the residence pas from the employee of the Immigration Service (IND), register in the “Basisregistratie Persoonsgegevens (national personal registration) and obtain their social security number (Burger Service Nummer) all in one appointment and in one location, our Welcome Center.
An employee of the Expat Center East Netherlands is present to provide comprehensive information and assist during the appointment in the Welcome Center. The expats can ask us any question they might have, and can register to our newsletter so we keep them updated and send invitations for our events, social as well as informative.
The Expat Welcome Center is open every Monday, between 11.00 – 16.00
Address: in the main hall of the Stadskantoor, Hengelosestraat 51, Enschede
The Stadskantoor is situated next to and within walking distance of the train station of Enschede (Enschede Centraal Station). Car park is behind the train station, (follow the signs “P- Stationsplein”) or along side the roads. Please note that parking is not free of charge in the town center of Enschede.
Please make an appointment with the Expat Center East Netherlands to arrange the following formalities in one all inclusive visit:
- Registering at the municipality (will also be arranged in Enschede for Hengelo, Oldenzaal, Almelo, Borne and Hof van Twente )
- Obtaining the BSN . When you will reside in Enschede, the expat will receive the BSN during the appointment, for the other municipalities it will be send by mail within a few working days
- Collecting the residence permit or taking fingerprints and photo
- Introduction meeting with an Expat Center East Netherlands staff member where practical information is given about living and working in the Netherlands.
An appointment is also required for:
- Obtaining a residence/work notification sticker (VA sticker)
- Only collecting your new residence permit in case of extension, renewal or change of purpose of stay
- Only taking biometrics (fingerprints and photo)
A fee is charged for:
- Full appointment: € 90.00 (excl. VAT) for non-corporate partners and € 65,00 (excl. VAT) for our corporate partners
- Only collection of a residence pass € 35,00 (excl. VAT) for non-corporate partners and € 25,00 (excl. VAT) for corporate partners
- Only collection of a residence pass € 25,00 (excl. VAT) for Orientation Year Visa.
- Taking biometrics and obtaining VA sticker € 35,00 (excl. VAT) for non-corporate partners and € 25,00 (excl. VAT) for corporate partner
No payment is needed during the appointment; an invoice will be send afterwards, except for Orientation Year visa migrants: they can pay the fee upon arrival by pin / debet card.
Please note that these services are specifically intended for knowledge migrants, scientific researchers, migrants with an orientation year permit and migrants with a start-up permit and their families.
For more information and for making the appointment; please contact the Expat Center East Netherlands: +31 (0) 74 2503325 or by email email@example.com.