Expat Welcome Center
Expat Center East Netherlands has a Welcome Center at the “Stadskantoor” of Enschede. Here we help the just arrived expat with all the formalities that have to be taken care of together with the Immigration Service (IND) and municipality. This way we make the arrival as smooth as possible.
The expat does not have to travel between the offices of the different immigration authorities. He or she can collect the residence pas from the employee of the Immigration Service (IND), register in the “Basisregistratie Persoonsgegevens (national personal registration) and obtain their social security number (Burger Service Nummer) all in one appointment and in one location, our Welcome Center.
An employee of the Expat Center East Netherlands is present to provide comprehensive information and assist during the appointment in the Welcome Center. The expats can ask us any question they might have, and can register to our newsletter so we keep them updated and send invitations for our events, social as well as informative.
The Expat Welcome Center is open every Monday, between 11.00 – 16.00
Address: in the central hall of the Stadskantoor, Hengelosestraat 51, Enschede
The Stadskantoor is situated next to and within walking distance of the main train station of Enschede. Car park is behind the train station, (follow the signs “P- Stationsplein”) or along side the roads. Please note that parking is not free in the town center of Enschede.
Please make an appointment with the Expat Center East Netherlands to arrange the following formalities in one visit:
• Registering at the municipality (will also be arranged in Enschede for Hengelo, Oldenzaal, Almelo, Borne and Hof van Twente ),
• Obtaining the BSN (social security number). When you will reside in Enschede, you will receive the BSN during the appointment, for the other municipalities you will receive it by mail within a few working days,
• Collecting the residence permit, taking fingerprints and photo for your permit
• Introduction meeting with an Expat Center East Netherlands staff member where you get a lot of practical information to get you started.
For this service a fee is charged of € 90,00 (ex VAT) per appointment for non-corporate partners and € 65,00 (ex VAT) per appointment for our corporate partners. No payment is needed during the appointment; an invoice will be send afterwards.
An appointment is also required for:
• Obtaining a residence/work notification sticker (Verblijfsaantekening sticker)
• Collecting your new residence permit in case of extension, renewal or change of your purpose of stay
• Taking biometrics (fingerprints and photo)
For this service a fee is charged of € 25,00 (ex. VAT) per appointment. No payment is needed during the appointment; an invoice will be send afterwards (usually to the employer), except for migrants with a Orientation Year visa: they can pay upon collection by pin / debet card.
Please note that these services are specifically intended for knowledge migrants, scientific researchers, migrants with an orientation year permit and migrants with a start-up permit and their families.
For more information and for making the appointment; please contact the Expat Center East Netherlands: +31 (0) 74 2503325 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.