FAQ.1Frequently Asked Questions


How do I make an appointment for my new international employee to register at the municipality and obtain the BSN?

Contact the Expat Center for an appointment by calling 074-2503325 or send an email to The appointment can be made for Mondays, in the Stadskantoor in Enschede between 11.00-16.00

Do I need to be a corporate partner to use the services of the Expat Center?

The Expat Center East Netherlands will assist all companies in Overijssel, although corporate partners will have certain benefits. Click here for more information.

How do I apply for the 30% tax ruling for a knowledge migrant (kennismigrant)?

Go to this section of our website or contact our service partner in taxation.

Can you assist my new international employee with opening a bank account?

Yes we can. We can make the appointment with the bank and join him. We can combine this with an introduction tour through Twente and visit houses and schools as well

Is there a fee for the appointment in the Welcome Center?

Yes, a fee is charged. Click here for more details

Can you assist in finding a house for my new international employee?

Yes we can. We give general information on what to expect, and will put him contact with our service partners in housing. They offer short stay and permanent housing in Twente.

Can you apply for a work-and residence permit on my behalf?

Yes we can. You have to authorize the Expat Center once and then we can arrange everything, handle communication with IND, inform your new international employee, answer his questions and keep track of the status of the application.

Does my new international employee have to go to Zwolle to collect his residence pass?

No, he can collect the pass in Enschede if you ticked the correct box on the application form. The Welcome Center in Enschede is meant for knowledge migrants, scientific researchers, people with start-up visa and people with orientation year visa, including their family.